Sunday, August 26, 2012

Advice follow-up by little cousins ...

Back in April, I had this discussion with my little cousin Grace:

Grace "You *can't* be 22 cuz you're not married!"
Me "You can be 22 and not be married yet."
Grace "No. If you're 22 and you're not married, then you're not 22. You're a teenager."

Me "Well, I can't marry somebody unless he's the right person and I don't know who he is yet."
Grace "Well, stop everything and find the right person."
Me "Someday, Gracie."
Grace "Find harder!" 


Ah, so black-and-white to my boy-crazy little cousin.  
Last Thursday, we met up for ice cream and 7-year old Grace decided to follow up on our previous conversation.


Grace "When do you start teaching?"
Me "On Monday!"
... she pauses ...
Grace "Did you find a boyfriend yet?"
Me "No, Grace ..."
Grace "You really need to do that.  You are 23 now and can't be a teacher if you're not married.  It's just not good.  You at least need a boyfriend by Monday."
Me "Haha, not gonna happen by Monday.  It's ok, Gracie.  Really."

She eyes me suspiciously before shrugging and giving up on me for a little while.  Someone is itching to wear a fancy dress at a wedding ... it just so happens that it is the future flower-girl/junior bridesmaid role they're after!  


I expect her to follow up on this conversation around Christmastime :D

No comments:

Post a Comment