Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Moments ...

Some moments from the last week or so ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Setting: Final review session for all sections of a developmental math class
Location: YSU, Lincoln Building
When: last Saturday morning ...

We had started working on problems similar to ones the students would see on their final exam ... there were about 11 students and myself in the room and while informal, it was still a "class" setting where I was 'teaching' and the students were to raise their hands with questions.

A kid near the front raised his hand in the middle of a problem.  I finished my sentence and then called on the student.

"Yeah, uh, I umm just want to let all of you know that I use bleach when I wash my clothes,"  he stated.

I am beyond baffled and am doing my best to not break into laughter.

"Well," I responded. "That's perfectly ok."

Everyone around him nodded.

"I just wanted to let you all know that in case you smell bleach," he clarified.

Hmm, ok then.  Timing is everything.  Back to solving for x!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Setting: Riding in the car with Dad
Location: On the way to McDonalds to get a salad
When: last Saturday evening ... a few days after Mom and Dad came to hear my thesis defense

"You know, you are a really good presenter," Dad tells me.

"Thanks Dad!" I say.

"Yeah, you could keep blah blah blah-ing about that moronic mumbo jumbo for quite awhile and hold everyone's attention!"  Dad assures me.

Hmm, thanks Dad ... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment