Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Summer bucket list!

This is more of a starting a new phase of life bucket list ... but we'll start with summer, ok?
  • Go to bed before midnight.   
  • Go boating or sailing.
  • Play racquetball.
  • Resist the urge to cut my hair as soon as it gets hot.
  • Take a trip. Or several.
  • Visit a new state or new friends.
  • Pay off my car.  Ok, that's going to take more than just this summer, but it's getting much closer!
  • Spend time studying and researching all these Biblical topics that keep popping up and I keep wondering about.
  • Take my little cousins out for a play or concert or something.
  • Learn about, practice, and work on learning the art of photography.
  • Buy a nice camera to assist in said goal.
  • Go to Blossom Music Center for a concert.
  • Attend a community play.
  • Become a member of Girard Alliance Church.
  • Help out in some way with a ministry of the church.
  • Utilize my SNAP fitness membership.  A lot :D
  • Go swimming.
  • Learn how to cook a new dish/meal/dessert.  Or several.
  • Learn how to fix fish.  Ohhh - go fishing for walleye out in Erie and then eat it.
  • Start playing the piano more ... work my way back up to the place I was before quitting to work on school (8 years ago ...) and learn some new songs.  
  • Work.  A lot.
  • Find a "real" job related to teaching.
  • Blog (or at least write down thoughts so they don't escape).
  • Find a new restaurant.
  • Explore my "local" cities ... Cleveland, Toledo, Pittsburgh, Columbus.
  • Go to the Spillway in Meadville, PA, to feed the fish!
  • Remind myself that this "freedom" after graduation is what I've always wanted :D
  • Paint something.
  • Sew something.
  • Draw something.
  • Sculpt something.
  • Wake up early often to watch the sunrise and enjoy the early morning.  It's my favorite.
  • Stay up late to watch the sunset and enjoy the late evening.  It's my favorite.
  • Hike and re-explore my backyard.
  • Play putt-putt and like it.  I don't like mini-golf, so we'll see what happens.
  • Drive a golf-cart.
  • Play with water balloons ... lots of them.
  • Stay offline more without losing touch with everyone.
  • Go to a sports event.
  • Understand football, or at least have my brothers explain it to me.
  • Take pics and videos ... these years are going to fast.  Why didn't anyone warn me?  Oh wait, they did.
  • Chat with my parents.
  • Keep everything tidy ... it will be hard with all my apartment stuff crammed back in my 10ft by 10ft bedroom at home, but I am so much less crabby when things are clean.
  • Visit the chiropractor often so standing/walking isn't so painful.
  • Find a way to transfer all our old home videos onto digital media (somehow) so we don't lose them forever.
  • Find stuff to add to this list ... daily.
  • Never have a day where I wonder what I did and have to account for missing hours.  If I live to be 70 years old, that's only ~615,000 hours.  Can't afford to waste them.
Got any ideas?  Want to help me cross some of these off my list?  Let's go summer! 

1 comment:

  1. I want to go feed the Carp at the spillway with you! And then go to Lake Erie and kill, then fix one for dinner :-P Love the list; I'm adding several from your list to mine.

    Love,
    Po

    ReplyDelete